- Teachers and parents use the home-school book to communicate daily
- We have an open door policy to observe your child in school and arrange additional consultations with your class teacher if needed
- The Tapestry assessment system allows parents to see photo and video assessments of their child’s progress throughout the year, with the ability for parents to upload their own examples from home.
Regular meetings with parents and teachers
- Parents’ evenings in the autumn and summer terms
- Annual Reviews
Parents are invited to a planning meeting six weeks after their child starts at the school.
At this meeting, parents have the opportunity to contribute to their child’s individual education plan. A child generally has targets in all core curriculum areas, such as communication, mathematical development, physical development and personal, social & emotional development.
Every subsequent twelve months, an annual review takes place where targets are reviewed and new targets created. These targets are used to inform the child’s JAM goals – smaller, personalised termly goals that the child works towards across all curriculum areas.
Three times a year the child’s teacher and class team review their progress towards their goals , and if they have met them, set new ones. The review notes are then shared with parents. Further discussion of the child’s progress is had between the class teacher and a member of the Senior Leadership Team to identify particular successes and challenges – again this occurs three times a year and the notes are recorded in a learning journal which tracks with the child throughout their time at school.
- MOVE Kitemark
- Arts Mark
- Healthy Schools London Gold Award
Cherry Garden use ongoing formative assessment. Pupils are assessed using our own ‘Branch Map’ assessments, which were created specifically for our children’s needs and cover the full curriculum. These assessments inform teacher planning and provide summative information for staff and parents.