What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to help build a profile of users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below explain how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies – these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how you use our website, eg which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
- Targeting cookies – also known as advertising cookies, these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement on our website and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
The cookies we use
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
The cookies we use
What they do
How we use your cookies
Cherry Garden School may request cookies to be set on your computer or device. Cookies are used to let us know when you visit our website, how you interact with us and to make your experience using the school website better for you. The cookies we collect will differ depending on what you are looking at on our website. You are able to adapt your cookie preferences, but by blocking certain types of cookie it may mean that your experience on the website is impacted.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (eg to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com, write to 41 Bellenden Road, London SE15 5BB or call 020 7237 4050.
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 1 June 2020 and last updated on 1 June 2020.